Disability Help Logo Disability Help Header
Disability Help Images
Disability Help Image
  Disability Help Scotland - Direct Payments   Latest Info  

Employing someone to work for you with your direct payments

There is alot to think about when you take on direct payments and get your:
Independent Living Fund.

Some people like to employ a care agency to assist them, while others prefer to recruit their own personal assistant (PA). Some people chose to use a combination of both to suit their needs.

A care agency is a company that can supply you with support workers. That means that you are not the employer as they are employed by the agency.

A privately employed PA is a support worker that you employ yourself. This gives you full control over who will be assisting you and when they come which is something is not always possible when using an agency.

If you want more advice about which of these 2 options is best, you can find out more information by downloading this Independent Living Fund Leaflet.... 'Employing PAs'





bottom border image